Review: UM powermax, the American giant here in Bangladesh!!

Hi I am sadique, today i gonna share my experience with UM powermax scooter. It was my first autogear scooter. Later on i bought mahindra gusto. But still i miss my UM scooter very much. Today i am here to share experience with UM Powermax




I used UM powermax for 6 months only. During that time i could realise its power and comfort.

I bought my UM powermax from Habib motors, Satkhira costing 128000 tk. my 1st touch on the scooter was fabulous… starting the bike I was amazed with the engine refinement it has.

Engine:

it runs by 125cc engine . Its refinement level is top class. pick up response is swift and no engine heating problem. Sound is smooth and no problem of vibration. I really loved its ready pick up.

Riding, handling and control:
Being auto transmission no extra work on changing gear or pressing clutch lever. Just like sitting on chair and twist to go. It has superb control on high speed and also on braking. Balance on doubling is also good. It has sufficient leg room for user of any height. Its ground clearance is just 110mm. Frequently its belly scratches the speed breaker.


Braking:
front brake is disc and rear brake is hand operated drum brake with enough bite. Braking performance is satisfactory. Control on high speed braking is nice. tyres have sufficient grip. front wheel size 12 inch and rear one 10 inch.



Suspension:
Front has telescopic suspension, rear has coil type mono shock absorber. I usually ride about 10km on my way on the worst ever road with numerous potholes and sand and dust. But its performance is not that satisfactory…. I had ruptured oil seal from front left suspension on 2nd week but got it changed from the dealer…still now its working fine. had to change rear shock absorber twice.

after sales service:
scores zero here. no service from company at all.

Mileage:
For 1st 2000km i got 35-40 kmpl…then …40 plus…



Special features:
  1. Under seat storage provides ample room for medium sized bag.
  2. Front glove box for keeping documents..
  3. Large rear view mirror with small blind spot mirror.
  4. ready pick up.
Long tour:
I frequently visited Jessore total 160km…that’s my longest tour…without having any problem..

Positive sides:
  1. Engine smoothness is really on top notch.
  2. swift accleration
  3. Auto transmission.
  4. Tubeless tires with strong grip.
Negative sides:
  1. Low ground clearance
  2. suspension not so good
  3. parts not widely available
Overall i loved my very first scooter. I still miss it.

Comments

Popular Posts